What is Fair Overtime Pay?
A Word on Overtime.
Sometimes recruiters will say to me:
"How can you expect me to pay more than 1.5 a rate on overtime when we, many times, do not get to charge the hospital more for your overtime hours?"
Great question! This is why:
1. No matter what, you guys (as a recruitment company) get at least the same bill rate (or sometimes more).Let's use $65 an hour as a example. (Bill Rate Example- the BR could be less or more than this, as we know it's always changing.)
2. In this example, for normal working hours we, as travelers, might get $45 an hour or so of that.
3. If we only get time and a half of our taxable for OT and our taxable wage is $20 (an average in the industry) we will drop to around $30 an hour.
4. You guys will get an extra $15 an hour for us working long weeks while we get $15 less. (Not fair).
5. What is fair is that we, at least, get the $45 an hour still, it will just all be taxed now since there are no tax-free stipends left to give.
6. Your profit margin as a company will stay the same (actually it will be more because you have zero new costs- it is extra $$ for doing nothing more!)
7. Sometime you will get to charge the hospital 1.5x the bill rate! That is around $100 now you are making every hour we work.
If that is the case -> it would be nice to pass some of that on to us too where we get more than $45 an hour.
8. But at the least, I want to see us make similar to what we make in normal hours, every single time. We should not have a pay decrease on those OT hours ever.
Travel and recruit empowered! xo
PS- In order for a recruiter to pass the Nomadicare Interview to be on our matching list they must pay more than 1.5 an hour for overtime. They play for the win/win every time without you having to negotiate.
Loved this post? (ah thanks!) you can click the heart, leave a comment or share it out by clicking a button below!
This content is 100% FREE for you! Do you want to support Nomadicare and the Empowered Travelers Movement? (Thank you!) All we request in return is that when you need your next amazing recruiter, please try out Nomadicare to get matched to one that is an excellent fit for you. And tell your friends to come here to get their recruiter!
Recruiter matchmaking is also 100% free for the traveler, and we spend a ton of time and energy finding the very, very best in the industry (and hold them accountable to it! We will have your back!) We also match based on the location and benefits you need. We did all the work for you already! Yeah! And you finding your recruiter through us is how Nomadicare can keep providing free, empowered education to this awesome industry!